Saturday, January 21, 2012

More Random Photos from Playa Coyote

Oyster Catcher. True to its name, it is specialized in feeding on bivalves (oysters, clams, and mussels) and uses its brightly colored bill to get at them. Go to this web site and you can hear their sounds. http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/american_oystercatcher/sounds/ac
Movie night at Bertha's Beach Club. We all head over on Monday evening for some fine dining and a Movie. The movie is shown on a sheet in the corner of the restaurant. What fun to share dinner and a move with our Baja Buds.
The National Geographic Seabird harbored in Coyote Bay for the day. The guests were motored to shore where they met vans to carry them to local cave paintings just outside Mulege. This expedition cost approximately $6000 for 8 days. This is a knowledge based cruise, stimulating intellectual curiosity. I had to paddle out for a close up view.

http://www.nationalgeographicexpeditions.com/about/lindblad/ship/5

Well, here I am. My first stand up paddle board experience. All those fine little muscles in my feet and legs got a workout trying to keep me upright and out of the water. Great for balance.
I liked it and plan on pursuing this activity. Plus I can lift the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment